Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There's a hole in my life ... well, just my foot


I've had an amazing amount of doctor appointments over the last few weeks. One of the things you do when your health insurance is about to expire is use it up as much as you can -- stock up on prescriptions, get the teeth cleaned, order new glasses, etc.

One of the things I did was to get a growth on my foot removed. My wife Jean said it's a plantar wart, and the podiatrist agreed, offering to either burn it off with several treatments of acid, or cut it out. I said to cut it, since who knew if my coverage would lapse before the little bugger was completely burned away. The doc also said surgery was the best way to ensure it stays gone.

I thought this would be a minor little thing, but it's turned out to be quite an invasive and painful procedure. I was left with a hole about the size of a dime, and amazingly deep. I knew I was in for more than I'd bargained when the doc prescribed painkillers.

Anyway, the last 12 days have been an ordeal of changing dressings, soaking my foot in salt water, and generally hobbling around like an arthritic troll. Only within the last day or so have I been able to walk somewhat normally.

I've included a nice juicy picture for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment